With Thanksgiving behind us now, many of us are just now returning home – but the holidays aren’t over yet. With Christmas just a few weeks away, you might be packing your bags again before you know it. Here are a few tips to help you survive holiday travelling.
- Travel on Off-Peak Days. If you will be flying or driving for Christmas, consider travelling on less popular days to avoid long lines at the airport and heavy traffic on the highways.
- Ship your gifts early. If you will be flying, do not bring wrapped presents to the airport. Either ship them beforehand or wrap them when you reach your destination.
- Don’t get hungry. Travel stress combined with an empty stomach can cause you to be short-tempered and not think clearly. Bring along some snacks to keep your belly full and avoid getting hungry.
- Plan for extra travel time. Travelling in December can take longer than usual, especially if a winter storm is brewing. Leave early and plan for your trip to take longer than expected. This will help you feel more in control if something does happen.
- Pack for emergencies. This is especially important if you’ll be driving. Pack tire chains, warm blankets, a flashlight, jumper cables, and any other emergency supplies you think you might need if you get stuck on the side of the road.
Need a new vehicle for your Christmas road trip? Stop by Nehls Chevrolet today and we’ll help you find the perfect new Chevrolet for your Christmas travels.