While no one may mess with Texas, the upcoming season calls for drivers to practice safe driving this winter and pay special attention to their cars.
Whether you’re traveling this holiday season or heading to work on a morning of light snow, you need to be extra careful and follow these tips:
- Eliminate the snow and ice on your car’s roof, hood and windows.
- Check weather and traffic before you head out.
- Carry a cellphone always and let someone know where you are going.
- Store an emergency kit in your car with food, water, first aid, and blanket.
- Wear a seat belt at all times.
Also, remember that you are not the only person on the road. You also have to look out for other drivers as well because there will be accidents.
- Don’t follow a car too closely.
- Turn headlights on when out in stormy conditions.
- Drive at slow speeds when on icy roads and bridges.
- Let off the gas if your car starts to slide.
- Be courteous to others. They don’t enjoy being out in the weather either.